[VIDEO] IRS Commissioner Insists Law Hasn’t Been Broken, Admits He Doesnt Know the LawPosted: June 24, 2014
For The Weekly Standard, Daniel Halper reports: The IRS comissioner insists his agency did not break the law or relevant statutes. But under questioning by Rep. Trey Gowdy, the IRS commissioner also admitted that he doesn’t know the law or the relevant statutes:
“You have already said, multiple times today, that there was no evidence that you found of any criminal wrongdoing,” Gowdy said. “I want you to tell me: What criminal statutes you have evaluated?”
“Common sense? Instead of the criminal code, you want to rely on common sense?”
“I have not looked at any,” the IRS commissioner admitted.
“Well then how can you possibly tell our fellow citizens that there is no criminal wrongdoing if you don’t even know what statutes to look at?” Gowdy followed-up.
“Because I’ve seen no evidence that anyone consciously –”
“Well how would you know what elements of the crime existed? You don’t even know what statutes are in play,” Gowdy said, visibly annoyed. “I’m going to ask you again: What statutes have you evaluated?”
“Uh,” the IRS commissioner stumbled…(read more)
- IRS claims six more computers conveniently crashed, wiping out scandal-related emails (humanevents.com)
- Democrats turn on IRS: ‘There will be hell to pay’ (wnd.com)
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy Explains Why Lois Lerner Should Be Arrested (capitalisminstitute.org)
- No Wonder the IRS Is ‘Losing’ E-mails: It Was Trying to Throw Innocent Conservatives in Jail (nationalreview.com)
- [Watch] IRS Scandal Spreading in Every Direction – Cover-up, Destruction of Evidence, Others Involved (redflagnews.com)