Public Outrage Shuts Down Proposed Illegal Alien Detention CenterPosted: June 25, 2014 | |
ESCONDIDO, California–For Breitbart.com, Michelle Moons reports: Tensions ran high as an estimated 500 people packed Escondido City Hall, flowing into the foyer and courtyard, for a planning meeting Tuesday night to voice their opinions on a proposed 96-person, illegal alien youth detention facility.
Escondido Mayor Sam Abed, a representative from Congressman Duncan Hunter’s office, local residents, and anti-illegal immigration activists showed up to voice opposition to the project. Congressman Hunter has posted a letterto Escondido’s Mayor stating the annual cost of running the facility as approximately $6-7 million.
Congressman Hunter’s letter stated, “The solution must involve changes to the [Obama] Administration’s underlying immigration policies and a commitment to return the children to their homes as soon as possible.”
A source present at the meeting reported that the facility proposed to house children from the ages of six to seventeen, but would likely house mainly those in their early teens, based on statements made during the meeting. The public voiced concern over giving up local control of the property to federal authority. Significant reduction in value of properties located near the facility was another concern of Escondido residents.
One local woman made a statement that an illegal alien had killed her child. Safety for those in the area is another main issue cited in opposing the project.
The requested permit for the facility was reportedly denied at last night’s meeting; however, continued attempts may be made to push for the facility’s approval…(read more)
- Potential housing facility for immigrant children questioned (fox5sandiego.com)
- Residents Unhappy With Escondido Immigrant Housing (kmvt.com)
- REPORT: Obama Is Dumping Contagious Disease Exposed Illegal Aliens Across US (thegatewaypundit.com)
- President Obama Transfers Tens of Thousands Of Illegal Aliens Further Inland… Including 50,000 Abandoned Children… (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Obama’s Illegal Policy for Handling Illegal Alien Children Worthy of Impeachment (godfatherpolitics.com)
- 300 Illegal Immigrant Children, Families Flown from Texas to San Diego (breitbart.com)
- Malkin: Military Bases: Obama’s New Illegal Alien Dumping Grounds (newsherald.com)
- Obama Dumping Contagious Disease Carrying Illegal Aliens all Across the Country (dailystormer.com)