Rare Drudge Interview: ‘These are very hot spicy issues here. We’re into an interesting summer here. We’re only about a week into it, I’m sensing some heat…’Posted: June 27, 2014
“It’s a little psychotic the news business because everyone’s doing everything. That still doesn’t mean there’s not important events and information coming all of the time – think of what’s just happened this year, the news has been so dynamic internationally and domestic,” the founder of the popular conservative-leaning news aggregator DrudgeReport.com said. “This is a vibrant era of media and it’s not going anytime anywhere soon.”
Drudge called himself “a heat seeking missile” that goes to where the action is…(read more) POLITICO.com
WASHINGTON — More than the gridlock in Washington, political commentator Matt Drudge is concerned with immigration and the situation at America’s border.
“I know there are big fights throughout the country,” he says. “Virginia just said, ‘No, don’t bring immigrants here from the border en masse.’ And Speaker Pelosi is going down to the border this weekend.”
Drudge said he was in Washington because, “I grew up here — I grew up just up the road where 16th turns into Silver Spring, Takoma Park.”
Drudge talked about how D.C. has changed, how the summer is shaping up news-wise and the state of the media business.
“The D.C. I’m seeing now is so vibrant. This is the center, this is the heartbeat of the nation, for good or bad,” he says….
- Brazile on Drudge Report: Donna loves Drudge or loves Drudge not, based on need (examiner.com)
- John Phillips: Matt Drudge the most influential conservative (ocregister.com)
- News shark ‘disrupted like a nuclear bomb’ (mobile.wnd.com)
- Is Drudge On To Something? Gloria Allred Refuses To Comment On Mitt Romney ‘October Surprise’ Speculation (radaronline.com)
- WASH POST: Drudge and Hillary Clinton, A History… (washingtonpost.com)
- Clinton: Matt Drudge, Karl Rove Planting ‘False Information’ (washington.cbslocal.com)