Megyn Kelly Takes On Sandra FlukePosted: June 30, 2014 | |
I watched this live a few hours ago, it was memorable. Armed with sharp logic and verbal firepower, Fluke’s paper-thin arguments were reduced to ashes in only a few moments of uninterrupted (Kelly was uninterruptible) guest time. An example of why I have nightmares about being on the wrong end of an argument with Megyn Kelly.
O’Reilly played a clip of Sandra Fluke on Chris Matthews’ MSNBC show Monday night, where Fluke described the decision as an attempt to limit women’s access to health care, saying “What this is really about at its base is trying to figure out as many ways as possible to limit women’s access to reproductive healthcare.”
“…we passed Obamacare. And then Kathleen Sebelius had some of her HHS minions go down in the basement and write a regulation that said as part of Obamacare, you have to cover 20 out of 20 birth-control drugs — 20 out of 20. And then women like Sandra Fluke started saying, ‘I’m entitled. Oh my God, I didn’t realize how victimized I was all those years when I was paying for it on my own…’”
Kelly wasted no time in launching into an explanation of the ridiculousness of Flukes allegation.
“It hurts, it hurts, it doesn’t matter how many times you say something,” she said. “It doesn’t matter whether it’s true if she says it over and over, it’s not true, just don’t believe that, she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.”
“The Supreme Court said, ‘You’re right’. This [Religious Freedom Restoration Act] law passed by President [Bill] Clinton, that all those Democrats who are now rejecting signed on to — also voted for — that law protects you, Hobby Lobby, and Kathleen Sebelius’s minions in the basement don’t get to take your rights away from you.”
“So it’s a lot of corporations that could be affected, but only those who feel strongly about their religious beliefs,” Kelly explained. “Those folks aren’t going to have to provide abortion-related drugs: drugs that terminate an already-fertilized egg. That’s the only — out of 20 birth-control drugs that are available, they still have to cover 16. They just said we don’t want to fund those forms of birth control that end a fertilized egg.”
She charged on, barely letting O’Reilly get a word in…(read more)
- ‘Clueless or lying’: Sandra Fluke ‘purposefully ignoring’ fact in Hobby Lobby decision (twitchy.com)
- ‘To morality?’: Sandra Fluke concerned about Hobby Lobby decision’s slippery slope (twitchy.com)
- Sandra Fluke you ignorant Liberal hack (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- #WomeninControl gather in front of SCOTUS for Hobby Lobby ruling; stand for life and religious liberty [photos] (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- Sandra Fluke weighs in on Hobby Lobby (washingtonpost.com)
- Sandra Fluke on Hobby Lobby: ‘A Woman’s Boss Should Not Have a Say’ (breitbart.com)
- Sandra Fluke – The Voice Of a Moronic Generation (iowntheworld.com)