Prom King Dies of Caffeine Overdose

caffeine-powder

LAGRANGE, Ohio (CBS Cleveland) – A senior at Keystone High School was found dead after he ingested toxic amounts of caffeine powder.

WJW reports that Logan Stiner, 18, was found unresponsive by his brother in their family home.

Steven Evans, the Loraine County Coroner told the station that Stiner’s death was a result of having toxic levels of caffeine in his blood after ingesting the powder.  The overdose caused cardiac arrhythmia and a seizure.

It is unknown where Stiner received the powder but Evans told WJW that it can be purchased online and mixed into water or soda. It is popular amongst teenagers.

About 1/16 of a teaspoon of the powder is equal to one can of any high-powered caffeine drink…(read more)

CBS Cleveland



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.