SMIDGEN REPORT Poll: Public Holds Obama Responsible for Border Crisis, Iraq, and IRS Scandal, Democrats Still Alarmingly Loyal

Barack Obama, Joe Biden

Re: The poll data on the IRS scandal and lost emails, Investor’s Business Daily‘s John Merline notes:

“…Those defenses aren’t flying with most Americans who’ve been tracking this story. Among independents, 66% think the lost emails were an attempt to cover up wrongdoing. Even 36% of Democrats say it was a cover-up.”

Even 36% of Democrats say it was a cover-up? What do the other 64% of Democrats say? It’s a phony scandal? IRS gets the benefit of the doubt? Receiving generous federal benefits and reluctant to question? Low-information, tuned-out responders? The mainstream media’s lack of scrutiny? Question: Why are Obama’s poll numbers so good?  

Investor’s Business Dailys John Merline reports on the pollHot Air‘s Bruce McQuain adds some commentary:

As the crisis at our southern border continues to stagger on, a recent IBD/TIPP poll found that a majority of Americans hold President Obama and his administration responsible for the problem:IBD-poll

The public largely blames President Obama for the flood of children who have poured over the border in recent weeks, creating a growing humanitarian crisis, according to the latest IBD/TIPP Poll released Monday…

The poll found that 59% of those closely following the immigration crisis agree that “current administration policies and lack of focus on securing the border” are behind the human tide of illegal crossings. Six in 10 say that the children should be ordered to leave the country. (The survey found that 73% of Americans are following this story closely.)

The responsibility for the border crisis is one Obama can’t duck or deny – it is a crisis of his own making.  His refusal to enforce the laws of the land and his permissive policies and rhetoric all but invited this to happen.  Now that it has, he’s “frustrated” with Congress – his personal candidate for being tossed under the blame bus, and is asking for 2 billion in emergency funds to address the crisis he created.  As you can see, most Americans aren’t buying the White House spin.

He doesn’t get a pass on Iraq either.  Per the poll, 56% believe his decision to withdraw troops in 2011 had a direct bearing on the crisis there today.

What’s more, 55% say that Obama wasn’t being honest when he claimed that Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki was entirely responsible for the decision to bring the troops home.

Meanwhile, 55% say that the administration’s failure to contain the Syria conflict contributed to the rise of the militant forces in Iraq. Just 27% give Obama high marks for his handling of the Iraq situation.

Finally, the IRS scandal is considered anything but a “phony scandal” by the public…(read more)

Hot Air


One Comment on “SMIDGEN REPORT Poll: Public Holds Obama Responsible for Border Crisis, Iraq, and IRS Scandal, Democrats Still Alarmingly Loyal”

  1. […] By Pundit from another Planet Re: The poll data on the IRS scandal and lost emails, Investor’s Business Daily‘s John Merline notes: “…Those defenses aren’t flying with most Americans who’ve been tracking this story. Among independents, 66% think the lost emails were an attempt to cover up wrongdoing. Even 36% of Democrats say it was a cover-up.” Even 36% of Democrats say it was […] Like this? Read more and get your own subscription at […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.