Gaza Terrorists Launch Attack, Iron Dome Intercepts Second Rocket Over Greater Tel AvivPosted: July 8, 2014
For second time on Tuesday evening, Gaza terrorists launch rocket at central Israel; air raid sirens sounds in central Israel, blasts heard in Tel Aviv; Tel Aviv opens public bomb shelters; no injuries reported.
For the second time on Tuesday evening, a rocket was launched at central Israel from the Gaza Strip. An Iron Dome battery intercepted a projectile over the greater Tel Aviv area. Sirens sounded in various cities in central Israel on Tuesday night and blasts were heard in Tel Aviv. The air raid siren was activated in cities including Rishon Lezion, Bat Yam, Holon and Bnei Barak, but not in Tel Aviv.
Earlier on Tuesday evening, the Iron Dome rocket defense system intercepted a projectile near Tel Aviv over the city of Rishon Lezion, as air raid sirens sounded in central Israeli cities for the first time amid recent escalations.
No injuries or damage were reported in the attack, which marked a widening of the range of rocket fire the Gaza Strip.
Israeli television showed a double-burst of smoke in skies above Tel Aviv after air raid sirens sounded, sending residents running for shelter.
Air raid sirens sounded in all of Gush Dan, including Tel Aviv, Petah Tikva, Lod and Givatayim.
It was the first Gaza rocket that reached Tel Aviv since Operation Pillar of Defense in 2012.
- Israel launches Gaza offensive, at least 10 killed (newsok.com)
- OPERATION DEFENSIVE EDGE DAY 1: IDF Source Says Hamas Will Target Tel Aviv Overnight (LIVE UPDATES) (algemeiner.com)
- IDF announces major operation in Gaza as rocket fire escalates in south (endtimebibleprophecy.wordpress.com)
- Rockets kill 2 Israelis; Fajr 5 hits tower near Tel Aviv (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- At least 40 rockets hammer southern Israel Monday evening (timesofisrael.com)
- Video: Iron Dome Intercepts Missiles Over Tel Aviv on Shabbos (gestetnerupdates.com)
- Tel Aviv within reach of Hamas rockets (thetimes.co.uk)
- Hamas rocket hits city near Tel Aviv (worldbulletin.net)
- Rocket fired at Tel Aviv, explosion heard in city: witnesses (dailystar.com.lb)
- Rocket strikes just 9 miles from Tel Aviv, near satellite city – Israeli army (rt.com)