SMIDGEN REPORT: GOP Rep Looks to Use Appropriations Bill to Curb Power of IRSPosted: July 14, 2014
National Review Online‘s Eliana Johnson reports that the House of Representatives on Monday evening will begin considering a Financial Services appropriations bill that funds the Department of the Treasury, including the IRS.
Illinois representative Peter Roskam will attempt to use the legislature to curb the power of the agency, which has been under fire since it revealed in May 2013 that it inappropriately targeted conservative non-profit groups seeking tax exemption.
According to a GOP aide, Roskam will introduce an amendment that would reallocate $10 million from the IRS’ enforcement office to the office that advocates for taxpayer rights, the National Taxpayer Advocate’s office…(read more) The Corner
- Gowdy Demands Special Council Take Over IRS Investigation Because Obama ‘Not a Smidgen’ Comment (breitbart.com)
- A smidgen here, a smidgen there (sago.com)
- The Obama IRS Email Scandal Is Worth Being Angry About (usnews.com)
- VIDEO – Rep. Trey Gowdy Shreds Obama’s ‘Not a Smidgen of Corruption’ IRS Claim (pjmedia.com)
- If there is not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS scandal, why would Lois Lerner need to take the 5th? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption (hotair.com)
- NOT EVEN A SMIDGEN OF CORRUPTION: Lois Lerner Will Not Testify Without Immunity or Court Order (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Scandal, what scandal? Meet the six top Democrats covering for the IRS (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)