SMIDGEN UPDATE: Lois Lerner’s Former FEC Colleague Has Emails Go Missing TooPosted: July 14, 2014
The Daily Caller‘s Chuck Ross reports that the Federal Election Commission recycled the computer hard drive of April Sands — a former co-worker of Lois Lerner’s — hindering an investigation into Sands’ partisan political activities, according to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
“Dear every single Republican ever, When will U learn that Barack Hussein Obama is simply smarter than U? Stand down, Signed #Obama2012 #p2”
— April Sands, former co-worker of Lois Lerner
Sands resigned from the Federal Election Commission in April after she admitted to violating the Hatch Act, which bars executive branch employees from engaging in partisan political activities on federal time and at federal facilities.
The twist is that Sands also worked under Lois Lerner when the ex-IRS agent — who is currently embroiled in a scandal over the targeting of conservative political groups — worked at the FEC’s enforcement division.
In a letter to FEC chairman Lee Goodman, Oversight chairman Darrell Issa and committee member Jim Jordan laid out Sands’ partisan activities and asked for records pertaining to the recycling of her hard drive and of the agency’s records retention policies.
“The bias in these messages is striking, especially for an attorney charged with the responsibility to enforce federal election laws fairly and dispassionately.”
— Oversight letter to Goodman
Sands took part in a heavily partisan online webcam discussion from FEC offices and also operated a Twitter account with the handle @ReignOfApril which were sent during Sands’ normal working hours.
One of Sands’ tweets, from June 4, 2012 read “I just don’t understand how anyone but straight white men can vote Republican. What kind of delusional rhetorical does one use?”
Sands is a black female.
“Dear every single Republican ever, When will U learn that Barack Hussein Obama is simply smarter than U? Stand down, Signed #Obama2012 #p2,” Sands wrote on May 1, 2012.
In a message fro Aug. 25, 2012, Sands called Republicans her “enemy.”
In others, Sands issued fundraising pleas on behalf of Obama…(read more)
- Issa Expands Investigation – Subpoenas 28 Years of Lois Lerner Emails (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Issa: IRS Chief Koskinen ‘One Step Shy of Perjury,’ Lerner a ‘Criminal Conspirator’ (breitbart.com)
- Illegal Political Activity at the FEC (nationalreview.com)
- NOT EVEN A SMIDGEN OF CORRUPTION: Lois Lerner Will Not Testify Without Immunity or Court Order (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Lois Lerner talked about working for Obama’s group Organizing for Action while she had official oversight over it (dailycaller.com)
- ‘Even joking speaks volumes’: Lois Lerner email about OFA job sparks amazement and disgust (twitchy.com)
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: IRS testified that Lois Lerner’s emails were archived (twitchy.com)