[VIDEO] CNN Panel: Daily Beast’s Keli Goff Compares Deporting Jose Antonio Vargas to Sending Blacks Back to AfricaPosted: July 15, 2014 | |
“If you dropped me off in Africa, I couldn’t speak the language, I wouldn’t have any cultural ties to the continent, even though it is the continent of my origin”
— The Daily Beast’s Keli Goff
National Review Online‘s Andrew Johnson has this item: Deporting immigration activist and documentarian Jose Antonio Vargas, who famously revealed he was an illegal immigrant in a New York Times op-ed in 2011 and was arrested trying to leave McAllen, Texas, this morning, would be like sending black Americans back to Africa, according to one CNN guest.
Wright immediately called it a false equivalence because enslaved Africans were forcibly brought to the Americas and did not break the law, but that didn’t stop Goff from continuing to make the case for Vargas.
Although she believed that many of the unaccompanied children currently at the border should be returned to their home countries, the Daily Beast’s Keli Goff felt Vargas’s situation merited different treatment and that he shouldn’t be expected to go back to the Philippines, which he left at the age of 12 years old. Meanwhile, her opposing panelist, Crystal Wright of ConservativeBlackChick.com, said that Vargas should not be given preferential treatment simply because he wasn’t caught when he first came to the country illegally…(read more) The Corner
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ (hotair.com)
- America’s Most Famous Undocumented Immigrant Is Stuck At The Border (businessinsider.com)
- We Are Lucky (gawker.com)
- Here we go: Jose Antonio Vargas reportedly detained at McAllen Border Patrol station [pic] (twitchy.com)
- ‘Immigration isn’t a TV contest:’ CNN’s shameless amnesty bait sickens viewers (twitchy.com)
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW (hotair.com)
- Illegal Aliens Chant in Spanish: ‘Illegal are your laws and that’s why I’m not leaving’ (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Surprise! Democrats to Push Race Issues in 2014 Midterms (legalinsurrection.com)
- Illegal alien reporter-turned-activist cheers gun-free zones (twitchy.com)
- Illegal alien journalist-activist angry over ‘undocumented’ use of his debit card (twitchy.com)