GLOBAL PANIC OF JULY 2014 UPDATE: President Obama Plans 16-Day Martha’s Vineyard Vacation on $12m EstatePosted: July 16, 2014
For the WashingtonExaminer, Paul Bedard reports: It’s going to be hot tubs, basketball, tennis and golf for the first family this summer, having set plans for a 16-day vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., on a $12 million, 10-acre forested estate on the southwestern corner of the island.
Reports from the Bay State indicate that President Obama and his family will vacation August 9-24 at the 8,100-square foot, beachfront home of a Democratic donor that includes a pool, hot tub, basketball and tennis court.
Mad Martha’s Ice Cream last year developed a new flavor called “Barack My World,” espresso ice cream, macadamia nuts and caramel
It will be new digs for the first family, who have summered on tony Martha’s Vineyard every year of Obama’s presidency, except in 2012 when he was running for reelection.
Obama is expected to be accompanied by top aide Valerie Jarrett, a regular summer resident of Oak Bluffs
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner’s “Washington Secrets” columnist, can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Obama Books Summer Getaway on Martha’s Vineyard (foxbaltimore.com)
- The Next Most Excellent Obama Family Vacation on Our Dime (theuniversalspectator.wordpress.com)
- Obama to Permit Immigration from Chicago (whitehousedossier.com)
- Check Out Obama’s Multimillion-Dollar Vacation Pad (abcnews.go.com)
- Obama books summer getaway on Martha’s Vineyard (wfaa.com)
- Obama has multiple stop-and-chats with Larry David during Martha’s Vineyard vacation (dailycaller.com)
- President Obama and family headed to Martha’s Vineyard in August (dailycaller.com)
- Shutterbug Major Garrett stimulates economy, shares striking Martha’s Vineyard photos (Bonus: No Obama) (twitchy.com)