WAR GETS REAL: Israel Issues Evac WarningPosted: July 16, 2014
- A few minutes ago, two rockets fired from Gaza struck the Ashkelon area, and five rockets struck elsewhere in southern Israel, as per IDF.
- In an interview to a news agency, President Shimon Peres admits that firing at Gaza made for a “moral dilemma”, but there was no alternative to it.Speaking to the Associated Process, the nonagenerian President said, “There is a moral problem, but I don’t have a moral answer to it. If they are shooting at us, and don’t let our mothers and their children … have a full night’s sleep, what can we do?”
Israel says Hamas is telling Gazan civilians to ignore IDF warnings. The Israeli Army further says that it called off three airstrikes after identifying civilians in the area.
Earlier today, we urged civilians to move away from IDF military targets in Gaza. Once again, Hamas told civilians to ignore our warnings.
— IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) July 16, 2014
Holding off its barrage of rockets briefly in line with a truce proposed by Egypt, Israel resumed its strikes on Gaza Strip as Hamas continued firing, dashing hopes of a ceasefire.
Israel started Day 9 of Operation Protective Edge by targeting some senior Hamas leaders in Gaza on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Palestinian death toll shot past 200, the AFP quoted the medics as saying.
Israel, which had so far not reported a single fatality, yesterday said that one civilian named Dror Hanin was killed by a mortar fired from Gaza on late Tuesday.
“We join the family in mourning their tragic loss,” the IDF said on twitter.
Israeli Army said that it was resuming strikes in response to the incessant barrage of rockets from Gaza…(read more)
- Israel targets Hamas leaders in new Gaza raids (capitalfm.co.ke)
- IDF warns ‘Palestinians’ to leave northern Gaza by 8:00 am (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)
- Israel mounting tunnel-hunting missions after truce collapses (worldbulletin.net)
- Israel Launches Airstrikes After Warning Gaza Residents (abc13.com)
- The lopsided casualty rate in Gaza proves nothing about responsibility for the conflict (legalinsurrection.com)
- ‘Oopsie’: Hamas rocket hits Israeli electrical infrastructure, blacks out Gaza (twitchy.com)
- Israel promises ‘great force’ after cease fire fails, civilian killed by Hamas rocket (hotair.com)
- Hamas’s Asymmetric War against Israel (nationalreview.com)