Israel Starts Gaza Land, Sea & Air OffensivePosted: July 17, 2014 Filed under: Breaking News, Self Defense, War Room | Tags: Armored Corps, Benjamin Netanyahu, Gaza, Gaza Strip, Global Panic of 2014, Hamas, Israel, Israel Defense Forces, Thursday Leave a comment
Netanyahu’s office says purpose of mission is to destroy terror tunnels and seriously harm the infrastructure of Hamas and other terrorist organizations in Gaza.
After days of waiting and deliberation, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Thursday night directed the IDF to send ground troops into Gaza to strike the terror tunnels into Israel.
A statement put out by the Prime Minister’s Office said that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon Netanyahu directed the IDF to prepare to expand the ground operation.
The statement said that the security cabinet approved the operation after Israel agreed to the Egyptian cease-fire proposal on Tuesday, which Hamas rejected. In addition, the statement said, Hamas even fired rockets during the Thursday’s five-hour humanitarian cease-fire.
“In light of Hamas’ continuous criminal aggression, and the dangerous infiltration into Israeli territory, Israel is obligated to act in defense of its citizens,” the statement said.
The statement said that Operation Protective Edge, now in its 10th day, will continue until its goals are reached: restoring quiet for an extended period of time,and delivering a significant blow to Hamas and the other terrorist organizations in Gaza.
Prior to the commencement of the ground invasion, the IDF launched a massive wave of combined air and artillery strikes on Thursday night.
The ground invasion comes hours after a Hamas assault squad of thirteen highly armed terrorists attempted to carry out a massacre of civilians at Kibbutz Sufa, near the border, before being blocked by the IDF.
Infantry, Armored Corps, Engineering Corps, artillery, and intelligence units are taking over various areas in Gaza, and are all working with one another and the air force. They are operating in northern, central, and southern Gaza, where Hamas has dug an extensive terrorist tunnel network…(read more)
- IDF foils major Hamas tunnel terrorist attack on Kibbutz Sufa. IDF ground operation widely predicted (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Ceasefire negotiations bring Gaza ground operation closer than ever (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Ceasefire negotiations bring Gaza ground operation closer than ever (ynetnews.com)
- Hamas Militants Apprehended During Infiltration into Israel (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- WATCH: IDF thwarts infiltration from Gaza (timesofisrael.com)
- IDF foils major Hamas tunnel terrorist attack inside Israel (nworeport.me)
- Watch: 5 Hamas “naval commandos” infiltrating Israel gunned down by IDF helicopter (legalinsurrection.com)
- Israel accepts cease-fire, Hamas shoots 35 rockets; Update: IDF announces resumption of military operations (hotair.com)
- Ka-Boom! Hamas Terrorists Infiltrate Israel and are Quickly Neutralized (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- ‘Just saw a wave of 30 rockets’: Israel under continuous fire from Hamas (twitchy.com)