Author Daniel Halper: The Clinton Machine’s Counter-Attack Playbook RevealedPosted: July 23, 2014
…Of course, nearly everyone in Washington has seen the much-vaunted Clinton PR machine in action. It’s very predictable. Here’s how it works:
1) Media intimidation tactics: Following their usual method of operation, the first thing Team Clinton would do is attempt a media blackout. A producer with CNN said I’d never be able to get any airtime on her show because the Clintons punish networks that give space to their perceived enemies. So far, even claims in my book that were well sourced with on-the-record quotes—such as Bill Clinton offering counsel to John McCain in how to defeat Barack Obama in 2008—have been all but ignored by the mainstream media.
2) Defame and attack: There would be repeated efforts to turn me into a kook or right-wing hit man. Though they haven’t yet gone so far to label me a “crazed stalker” like they did with Monica Lewinsky, the reliable Clinton aide Nick Merrill has repeatedly deployed a classic Clinton spin line on my work—before it was even on sale, mind you, and presumably he hadn’t yet read it. “It’s sad to see Daniel Halper join the discredited and disgraced ranks” of other authors supposedly out to get them at all costs, he emailed the Huffington Post. Sadly, I received no credit from the Clintons or from Merrill for the praise of both Bill (that he’s a “political genius) and Hillary (that she’s “intensely likable”) in various parts of the book. Merrill also claimed I was just out “to make a buck.” Which I take it means that Bill and Hillary Clinton donated all the proceeds of their millions in book deals to charity?
3) The “old news” trick: A favorite gambit is to make any allegation unfavorable to the Clintons as old news. One of the best examples of this came from Clinton media minder Philippe Reines about a book by Jeff Gerth: “Is it possible to be quoted yawning?”Yawn. No biggie. You reporters are fools for even covering it…(read more) Politico
- ‘Strange Leak’ of Daniel Halper’s ‘Clinton, Inc.’ Backfires (freebeacon.com)
- BOOK: Clintons lobbied GE to get rid of MSNBC Shuster… (politico.com)
- Friend Says Hillary Was ‘Enthusiastic Pot User’ in Her Youth… (nationalreview.com)
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? (hotair.com)
- Hillary Clinton Gets Inequality Right (nationalreview.com)
- #WarOnWomen: Vanity Fair ‘clears the decks’ for Hillary; haters attack Monica Lewinsky, blame GOP (twitchy.com)
- VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: All Clintoned Out. “Hillary Clinton seems to be interested in running on the … (pjmedia.com)
- Politico asks, ‘What is Hillary Clinton afraid of?’ Twitter answers (twitchy.com)
- Bill Clinton: Hillary Shouldn’t Run on Obama’s Record (nationalreview.com)
- ‘The View’s’ Jenny McCarthy Thinks Hillary Clinton Might Be A Lesbian (dailycaller.com)