FAA Extends WTF Travel Ban to Israel for Another 24 HoursPosted: July 24, 2014
“The agency is working closely with the Government of Israel to review the significant new information they have provided and determine whether potential risks to U.S. civil aviation are mitigated so the agency can resolve concerns as quickly as possible,” the FAA said in a statement.
This comes a day after they barred all American air carriers from flying to or from Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv following a rocket attack within a mile of the airport.
The order was issued at 12:15 ET on Tuesday, saying that it would hold for 24 hours until an update today.
Dozens of flights and hundreds of passengers were effected.
The list of airlines that chose to follow the American air agency’s guidelines extended past the U.S., with Air Canada, Lufthansa, German Wings and Air France canceling their scheduled flights in addition to US Airways, Delta and United… (read more)
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries (hotair.com)
- Cruz: Is Obama’s FAA Ban the Launch of an Economic Boycott of Israel? (nationalreview.com)
- The U.S. Ban on Flights to Tel Aviv Is a Huge Win for Hamas (nationalreview.com)
- Bloomberg urges FAA: ‘It is safe to fly in and out of Israel’ (twitchy.com)
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks (hotair.com)
- FAA Ban Sparks Fight between Ted Cruz and John Kerry Teams (nationalreview.com)
- Amanda Carpenter wants answers on FAA banning flights to Israel (twitchy.com)
- Friends of Hamas (powerlineblog.com)
- Bloomberg: Traveling to Israel Is Safe, and the Ban Empowers Hamas (nationalreview.com)
- Hamas Terrorists Threaten to Target Israel’s Main Airport (thegatewaypundit.com)