GLOBAL PANIC OF JULY 2014 REACHES NORTH KOREA: Hwang Pyong-So Threatens Nuclear Strike on White House, PentagonPosted: July 28, 2014
Seoul (AFP) – A top-ranking North Korean military official has threatened a nuclear strike on the White House and Pentagon after accusing Washington of raising military tensions on the Korean peninsula.
“If the US imperialists threaten our sovereignty and survival… our troops will fire our nuclear-armed rockets at the White House and the Pentagon — the sources of all evil.”
— Hwang Pyong-So, director of the military’s General Political Bureau
The threat came from Hwang Pyong-So, director of the military’s General Political Bureau, during a speech to a large military rally in Pyongyang Sunday on the anniversary of the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War.
Hwang, who holds the rank of vice marshal in the Korean People’s Army, said a recent series of South Korea-US military drills, one of which included the deployment of a nuclear-powered US aircraft carrier, had ramped up tensions.
“If the US imperialists threaten our sovereignty and survival… our troops will fire our nuclear-armed rockets at the White House and the Pentagon — the sources of all evil,” Hwang said in his speech broadcast Monday on state television.
It is not the first time that North Korea’s bellicose rhetoric has included threats of nuclear strikes on the continental United States and US bases in the Pacific.
But most experts believe it is still a long way from developing a viable intercontinental ballistic missile with the required range…(read more)
- North Korea threatens nuclear strike on White House (channelnewsasia.com)
- Nuclear strike on White House threatened by N. Korea (pakistantoday.com.pk)
- World › N Korea threatens nuclear strike on White House (japantoday.com)
- North Korean missiles on standby, aimed at US targets (dailycaller.com)
- The US shouldn’t give in to North Korea’s threats (dailycaller.com)
- Administration Threatens to Isolate the Most Isolated Nation on Earth for ‘Provocations’ (pjmedia.com)
- A shift in Chinese strategy on North Korea? (chinadailymail.com)
- North Korea Promises “Merciless” Nuke Attack Against United States (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Is the 1950 Korea mess relevant to the new Korean mess? (chinadailymail.com)
- NKorea vows to cancel Korean War cease-fire (dailycaller.com)