GLOBAL PANIC FAILURE OVERLOAD Washington Post: ‘President Obama’s Competence Problem is Worse Than It Looks’Posted: July 29, 2014 Filed under: Mediasphere, Politics, White House | Tags: Barack Obama, Central America, Chris Cillizza, Democratic Party, George W. Bush, Guatemala, Obama, Otto Pérez Molina, Ukraine, Washington Post, White House 1 Comment
“Almost six years on from that election, however, Obama is faltering badly on the competence question…”
Obama was elected in 2008 on a stated promise that he would restore competence to government. He pitched himself as the antidote to “Heck of a job, Brownie” and the Bush years, the person who would always put the most qualified candidate in every job in his Administration. That the basic functioning of government would never be in question.
“…and, in so doing, badly imperiling not only his ability to enact any sort of second term agenda but also Democrats’ chances this fall.”
Almost six years on from that election, however, Obama is faltering badly on the competence question and, in so doing, badly imperiling not only his ability to enact any sort of second term agenda but also Democrats’ chances this fall. A series of events — from the VA scandal to the ongoing border crisis to the situation in Ukraine to the NSA spying program — have badly undermined the idea that Obama can effectively manage the government.
The latest evidence is a question in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll released Sunday that asks whether the phrase “can manage the government effectively” applies to Obama. Just more than four in ten (42 percent) said that it does while 57 percent said it does not. (It was the lowest that Obama scored on any of the six characteristic questions CNN asked in the survey.)
Obama’s trajectory on the question is all to the bad for Democrats…(read more)
- Washington Post Says Americans are Starting to Doubt Obama’s Competence (tomfernandez28.com)
- Top Democrats Push Specter of Obama’s Impeachment (nbcnews.com)
- What can Obama expect from his last Congress? (washingtonpost.com)
- CNN: ‘Not Entirely Clear’ What Democrats Stand For, Huge Problem for Midterms (freebeacon.com)
- This brutal new poll is devastating for Obama, liberals, and the midterm elections (youngcons.com)
- Shut Up About the Impeachment of Obama (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Cillizza: “Obama got elected on competence. Now people are starting to wonder.” (neoneocon.com)
[…] GLOBAL PANIC FAILURE OVERLOAD Washington Post: ‘President Obama’s Competence Problem is … (punditfromanotherplanet.com) […]