Potheads Claims Responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge White Flag ‘Surrender USA’ PrankPosted: July 31, 2014 | |
Cannabis Probably Okay for your Health, but Spectacularly Bad for Democracy
“It stands for peace. It stands for surrender. It would make people think about what’s going in. Also the wars. Our solution to the wars is for people to smoke weed and chill out.”
For the Washington Times, Jessica Chasmar reports: A marijuana activist said he and his group are responsible for swapping two American flags atop the Brooklyn Bridge for two white ones — an act that has baffled New York police for more than a week.
“Please smoke the Peace Pipe with the holy herb and rebel against the military industrial complex and the evil one percent. That is the meaning of why we put up the bleached American Flags. Remember to recite the new Pledge of No Allegiance…”
— Mr. Green, alleged pot advocate
“The Reverend Bud Green,” 49, claimed responsibility for the July 22 swap in his blog. He told the New York Daily News on Thursday that the prank was actually the first part of a two-part strategy, with another set of flags going up later. Increased NYPD surveillance on the bridge foiled that plan, his post said.
“…Please repeat after me, I Pledge no Allegiance to the United Corporations of America, and to the right wing dictatorship for which it stands, one nation, under the devil, with liberty and justice for only the rich pigs who can afford it.”
“It was interesting that nobody knew what to make of it,” Mr. Green told the Daily News. “It was interesting that people took it as a terror risk. We believe in nonviolent civil disobedience.”
Mr. Green said he is the founder of the POT Party — People Opposing Tyranny — or the New Pot Party, which is pro-marijuana and anti-government.
- My trip to the pot shop (michellemalkin.com)
- [VIDEO] Legal Marijuana in Washington State: Lone Pot Shop, Cannabis City, Opening in Seattle (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Can a Christian Smoke Pot? Exploring the Morality of Legal Drug Use (nationalreview.com)
- Colorado Man Who Gives ‘No F****’ Asks Obama If He Wants Some Weed (dailycaller.com)
- Wendy Davis Once Blocked Resolution Supporting ‘Under God’ In Pledge Of Allegiance (dailycaller.com)