Confirmed, Portlandia is Real: ‘Chicken Crossing Road Blocks Traffic in Oregon’Posted: August 13, 2014
“Police ‘were unable to determine the chicken’s intent.'”
PORTLAND, Ore. – Portland, Oregon, police were told there was a chicken — and it was attempting to cross the road.
In fact, the citizen who called the police non-emergency line on Monday evening reported that the chicken’s efforts to cross a road in a north Portland neighborhood were bringing traffic nearly to a standstill.
“He assured the dispatcher he was not joking.”
The dispatcher chuckled — and asked a clarifying question.
“It’s just the one chicken?”
The caller said yes.
Sgt. Pete Simpson says responding officers were unable to locate the chicken.
And so, he notes, police “were unable to determine the chicken’s intent.”
- Portland police told chicken trying to cross road (koin.com)
- Portland police cracking down on sidewalk bicyclists, skateboarders in downtown (oregonlive.com)
- Pet Cat Traps Oregon Couple, Who Call 911 (foxbaltimore.com)
- ‘Full-size’ cougar spotted in SE Portland (kgw.com)
- Portland Caller Thwarts Airplane Propeller Thieves (seattle.cbslocal.com)