BREAKING: ‘Shot-in-the-Back-While-Fleeing’ Narrative Up in Smoke: Autopsy Shows Michael Brown Was Struck at Least 6 TimesPosted: August 17, 2014 | |
— Jim Roberts (@nycjim) August 18, 2014
UPDATED: A private autopsy on the unarmed black teen who was shot by a white police officer in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, Mo. nine days ago suffered six gunshot wounds, including two in the head, according to a new report.
“We need more information; for example, the police should be examining the automobile to see if there is gunshot residue in the police car.”
Baden told the Times that one of the bullets struck the top of Brown’s skull, suggesting that the 18-year-old’s head was bent forward when he was shot. The doctor added that four of the six shots struck Brown in the right arm, and all the bullets entered from the teen’s front. Only three of the bullets were recovered from Brown’s body.
Baden did not have access to Brown’s clothes, which may have gunpowder residue on them if the bullets were fired from close range. Baden also did not have access to X-rays that may have shown where the bullets were found, nor did he see any witness or police statements.
Brown was fatally shot by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on the afternoon of August 9 after a confrontation near Brown’s grandmother’s apartment. The shooting has prompted nationwide protests and the controversy has been augmented by the response from local authorities, who have used tear gas and smoke canisters against protesters and have been slow to release information about the deadly encounter.
Baden told The Times that his findings were not meant to resolve the controversy over the confrontation between Brown and Wilson.
“We need more information; for example, the police should be examining the automobile to see if there is gunshot residue in the police car,” he told the paper.
Baden’s autopsy is the first of three planned in the case. Attorney General Eric Holder on Sunday ordered a federal medical examiner to perform an autopsy in addition to the one planned by state authorities. Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said that the order was prompted by the “extraordinary circumstances” surrounding the case and the wishes of Brown’s family….(read more)
foxnews.com – The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Federal autopsy ordered in Missouri teen’s death (cnsnews.com)
- BREAKING: GUNSHOTS IN FERGUSON – Police Officers Are Running From the Scene – MOLOTOV COCKTAILS! (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Eric Holder orders additional autopsy on Michael Brown. Wait… what? (hotair.com)
- Unwitting Witness Pokes Holes In Michael Brown Shooting Story (dailycaller.com)
- Breaking: ST. LOUISANS HOLD RALLY In Support of Officer Darren Wilson (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Convenience Store Manager Terrified of Being Murdered… (thegatewaypundit.com)
- PROTESTER CARRIES WOODEN CROSS to #Ferguson Shrine for Michael Brown (thegatewaypundit.com)
- John Lewis Calls On Obama To Declare Martial Law In Ferguson, Missouri (dailycaller.com)