Ambiguous Tweet Retraction of the DayPosted: August 19, 2014
Police sources tell me more than a dozen witnesses have corroborated cop’s version of events in shooting #Ferguson
— Christine Byers (@ChristineDByers) August 19, 2014
Retracted: The reporter who tweeted out that 12 witnesses confirmed the cops’ accounting of events has now retracted her tweet — and announced that she’s currently on a Family and Medical Leave Act departure from work.
On FMLA from paper. Earlier tweets did not meet standards for publication.
Does she mean she was already on a FMLA leave of absence when she first tweeted, or does she mean that she went on a FMLA sabbatical after tweeting this claim? – (read more)
- BOMBSHELL!… Reporter: A Dozen Witnesses Confirm #Ferguson Cop’s Version of Brown Shooting (thegatewaypundit.com)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Reporter: More Than A Dozen Witnesses Corroborate Cop’s Story (breitbart.com)
- Report: More Than a Dozen Witnesses Have Corroborated Officer Darren Wilson’s Version of Ferguson Shooting (theblaze.com)
- Preliminary Report: Over A Dozen Witnesses Back Darren Wilson’s Story (dailycaller.com)
- Reporter: More Than 12 Witnesses. Officer Darren Wilson Shot in Self-Defense (freedomoutpost.com)