SMIDGEN REPORT: Federal Attorney Says Backup of Lois Lerner Emails ExistPosted: August 25, 2014
Tom Fitton discussing the new revelation
Via Judicial Watch:
Department of Justice attorneys for the Internal Revenue Service told Judicial Watch on Friday that Lois Lerner’s emails, indeed all government computer records, are backed up by the federal government in case of a government-wide catastrophe. The Obama administration attorneys said that this back-up system would be too onerous to search. The DOJ attorneys also acknowledged that the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) is investigating this back-up system.
We obviously disagree that disclosing the emails as required would be onerous, and plan to raise this new development with Judge Sullivan.
This is a jaw-dropping revelation…(read more)
Here is the second set of sworn declarations by IRS officials in response to Judge Emmet G. Sullivan’s investigation into the missing emails of Lois Lerner and other IRS officials. The declarations were provided after close of business on Friday, August 22.
The first meeting was held this afternoon by Magistrate Judge John M. Facciola, who was appointed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan to manage and assist in discussions between Judicial Watch and the IRS about how to obtain any missing records..(read more)
- Judge launches special inquiry into missing IRS emails and Lerner hard drive (legalinsurrection.com)
- Gov’t Watchdog Says IRS Lawyer Admitted Lois Lerner’s ‘Lost’ Emails Were Backed Up (theblaze.com)
- The IRS Scandal, Day 471 (taxprof.typepad.com)
- Meanwhile at the Internal Revenue Service…. Judge Emmet Sullivan bitch slaps the IRS, “ORDERING” the corrupt agency to provide answers promptly, while initiating an independent inquiry of his own into the lack of compliance and cooperation by the IRS. (powderedwigsociety.com)
- Judge orders IRS to come up with better explanation of missing Lerner e-mails (hotair.com)
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath (hotair.com)
- Judge: IRS Must Declare under Oath What Happened to Lerner’s E-mails (nationalreview.com)
- ABUSE OF POWER: Breaking: New Emails Show Lois Lerner Contacted DOJ About Prosecuting Conservative… (pjmedia.com)