George Will: The IRS is Cuckoo Bananas Off the Rails Criminally Insane and It Is Now Thoroughly CorruptedPosted: August 26, 2014
“The IRS is the most intrusive and potentially punitive institution of the federal government and it is a law-enforcement institution and it is off the rails and it is now thoroughly corrupted.”
— George Will
From The Corner:
On Tuesday’s Special Report, George Will reacted to the revelation that the IRS destroyed Lois Lerner’s BlackBerry without searching it, after a congressional investigation into her conduct had begun.
Will said he could hardly wait for IRS lawyers to show up in court and tell the judge it would be too onerous to stop obstructing justice in this case.
“The IRS is the most intrusive and potentially punitive institution of the federal government and it is a law-enforcement institution and it is off the rails and it is now thoroughly corrupted,” Will said. “And people are saying, ‘Well, the Justice Department can take care of this.’ There’s a reason why Jack Kennedy…(read more)
- IRS Admits It Destroyed Lois Lerner’s Blackberry After Congress Began Investigating Scandal (personalliberty.com)
- DOJ Admits “Missing” IRS Emails DO Exist (freedomoutpost.com)
- Will IRS’s Strategy of Destroying Evidence Pay Off? (commentarymagazine.com)
- Judicial Watch: Lerner emails aren’t missing (ncrenegade.com)
- IRS: Oh, those Lois Lerner emails, yeah they’re backed up (legalinsurrection.com)
- Missing IRS Emails Exist After All, DOJ Says (powerlineblog.com)