SMIDGEN REPORT: Blackberry? Destroyed it.Posted: August 26, 2014
IRS Destroyed Lois Lerner Blackberry When? AFTER Congressional Inquiry Began, That’s When.
NRO‘s Ian Tuttle reports: According to the second round of IRS affidavits submitted to U.S. district court judge Emmett Sullivan, who is presiding over the lawsuit brought against the nation’s tax agency by watchdog group Judicial Watch, Inc., IRS technical analysts did not search Lois Lerner’s Blackberry for her allegedly “lost” e-mails — and the smartphone was destroyed after congressional investigation had begun.
“There is no record of any attempt by any IRS IT employee to recover data from any Blackberry device assigned to Lois Lerner in response to the Congressional investigations or this litigation.”
— Stephen Manning, IRS Information Technology business unit
Lerner’s government-issued laptop reportedly crashed in June 2011, at which time IRS analysts tried but failed to recover data, including e-mail communications, according to previous testimony. In his sworn declaration, Stephen Manning – deputy chief information officer for strategy and modernization with the IRS Information Technology business unit – reports that “there is no record of any attempt by any IRS IT employee to recover data from any Blackberry device assigned to Lois Lerner in response to the Congressional investigations or this litigation.” This despite the fact that Lerner had been in possession of a government-issued Blackberry since November 2009, according to the statement of Thomas J. Kane – deputy associate chief counsel for procedure and administration within the IRS Office of Chief Counsel – and it would likely have hosted at least some of Lerner’s electronic communications….(read more)
- IRS ordered Lerner’s blackberry destroyed after her computer crashed (powerlineblog.com)
- IRS now claims Lois Lerner’s emails not really missing, just really hard to find (hotair.com)
- Judge launches special inquiry into missing IRS emails and Lerner hard drive (legalinsurrection.com)
- Judicial Watch: DOJ Admits Lois Lerner’s Emails Exist (nationalreview.com)
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups (hotair.com)
- ANOTHER SHOCKING COINCIDENCE: IRS Shocker: Filing Reveals Lerner Blackberry Destroyed. The device … (pjmedia.com)
- IRS Destroyed Lois Lerner Blackberry After Congressional Inquiry Began, Never Searched It (conservativebyte.com)
- Lost & Found IRS Emails Suggest Smidgen Of Confusion, Or Worse (forbes.com)
- IRS Destroyed Lois Lerner’s Blackberry AFTER They Knew Her Hard Drive “Crashed” (downtrend.com)
- The IRS Destroyed Lois Lerner’s Blackberry, Too (pjmedia.com)