Sacré Bleu!! France’s New Economy Minister Stirs Tempête de Merde on his First Day Freaking Out the Socialists with Suggestion they Ditch the 35-Hour Work WeekPosted: August 29, 2014 | |
“We could allow companies and sectors … to depart from the rules on working time and pay. This is already possible for companies in difficulty.”
Francois Hollande’s economy minister caused a storm on his first day in office Friday by casting doubt on a central pillar of French Socialism: the 35-hour working week.
“Why not extend it to all companies, provided there is a broad agreement with the employees?”
— French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron
Emmanuel Macron, a 36-year-old former Rothschild banker, told Le Point, a weekly magazine, that he supported companies and sectors of the economy that wished to “depart from” the law.
Introduced under the previous Socialist administration of Lionel Jospin, the 35-hour law was supposed to encourage companies to take on more staff by limiting the amount of time employees could work…(read more)
- France’s president replaces economy minister with “former” Rothschild Banker (blacklistednews.com)
- French leader banks on free market to save economy (miamiherald.com)
- France’s new economy minister sparks outrage by casting doubt on 35-hour week (telegraph.co.uk)
- France’s new economy minister sparks storm over ’35-hour’ law (channelnewsasia.com)
- French gov’t reshuffle expels dissident ministers (usnews.com)
- Hollande names new French cabinet (bbc.co.uk)
- Sacré Bleu! France’s Socialist Government Dissolves in Internal Feud (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Is The Left Approaching a Kool-Aid Moment? (powerlineblog.com)
- Cherchez La Femme? Sacré Bleu! French President François Hollande Threatens to Sue over Report of Affair (punditfromanotherplanet.com)