EXCLUSIVE: Nearing Retirement, Harry Reid’s Unusual Behavior Fuels Increased Speculation about Recreational Drug UsePosted: September 3, 2014
“When I move my hand…like this…pretty colors…”
(WASHINGTON D.C.) Rumors are swirling in both Democratic and Republican campaign headquarters about Senator Harry Reid‘s alleged use of psychoactive drugs, recreationally, including hallucinogens, though what kinds remain uncertain. In the last few months, in advance of Reid’s near-certain retirement as Senate majority leader, Reid’s mood appeared to be melancholy, say sources close to the Senator.
“His attacks on the Koch brothers seemed increasingly insincere, as though he were just going through the motions,” said a campaign staff worker, who spoke to punditfromanotherplanet on the condition of anonymity.
Others near the Senator concur. “Even while blocking bills from reaching the floor, helping to raise money for negative TV ad campaigns, engaging in partisan attacks against Republican opponents in public, and complaining about president Obama in private, his voice seemed hollow, his posture, defeated,” said a reporter who covers the Capitol.
In recent weeks, however, according to close observers, Reid’s demeanor has improved. “He smiles for no reason, sings quietly to himself, and carries on stream-of-consciousness monologues to anyone who will listen”, complained a staff member. Reid’s mood is elevated, some say, to the point of euphoria, which has caused concern among his closest supporters.
“At first I thought Harry was just being, you know, Harry. Obsessing about the Koch brothers. But he speaks about the Kochs with affection, calls them Bhaga and Dhātṛ, for some reason. He burns incense. He pets an imaginary dog in his office chair. I’m worried. I asked Harry to see a doctor, but he declined, saying he ‘already did’.”
- Reid rage (powerlineblog.com)
- Jon Stewart Blasts Harry Reid’s Koch Addiction Hypocrisy (youviewed.com)
- The genius of Harry Reid’s Koch habit (washingtonpost.com)
- Raging Hypocrite Harry Reid Took Money From Koch Lobbyist (patdollard.com)
- Harry Reid: Kochs Are ‘Main Cause’ Of Climate Change (nalert.blogspot.com)
- Inside the Kochs’ plan to beat Reid (politico.com)
- Michelle Nunn said she might not vote for Harry Reid if she gets elected. This makes no sense. (washingtonpost.com)
- Another Senate Ethics Complaint Against Harry Reid (personalliberty.com)
- Ted Cruz Tells Koch Conference: Stopping Amnesty Most Important Issue (breitbart.com)
- Harry Reid’s reign of paralysis (washingtonpost.com)