Federal Reserve Report Reveals: Under Obama, Only the Richest 10 Percent Saw Incomes RisePosted: September 7, 2014
Incomes fell for most families in past three years, while top 10 percent prospered
For the Washington Times, Jennifer Pompi reports: Under President Obama, the richest 10 percent were the only income group of Americans to see their median incomes rise, according to a survey released this week by the Federal Reserve.
“The wealth share of the top 3 percent climbed from 44.8 percent in 1989 to 51.8 percent in 2007 and 54.4 percent in 2013. … The share of wealth held by the bottom 90 percent fell from 33.2 percent in 1989 to24.7 percent in 2013.”
The Fed data covered the years 2010-2013, during which period Mr. Obama constantly campaigned against income inequality and won re-election by painting his Republican rival as a tool of Wall Street plutocrats.
“One of our biggest concerns is who is the candidate’s economic team, because if the present economic team doesn’t change, you are going get the same results.”
— AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
“Data from the 2013 [Survey of Consumer Finances] confirm that the shares of income and wealth held by affluent families are at modern historically high levels,” the report said in noting that the median income fell for every 10-percent grouping except the most affluent 10 percent.
“The 2013 SCF reveals substantial disparities in the evolution of income and net worth since the previous time the survey was conducted, in 2010,” the report stated. The SCF is conducted by the Federal reserve triennially and compiles information about family incomes, credit use, net worth and finances.
The 2010-2013 SCF found that even though real gross domestic product grew by 2.1 percent and civilian unemployment fell from 9.9 percent to 7.5 percent, only families at “the very top of the income distribution saw widespread income gains,” though mean median income levels still lagged behind 2007 numbers.
The report comes just a week after AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka said the union group would not endorse any more Democrats that following President Obama’s economic policy…(read more)
- Only The Top 10% Are Doing Better In The Obama Economy (lonelyconservative.com)
- Under Obama, Most Americans’ Median Income Fell; Only the Richest 10% Saw Increase (blackchristiannews.com)
- Obama Narrative Falls Apart: Fed Reveals Rich Got Richer Under Obama while the Poor Lost Money (lastresistance.com)
- This Is Scary… Trumka: “I’ve Talked With Obama About a Second Term Agenda” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- HOPEY-CHANGEY: Under Obama, only the richest 10 percent saw incomes rise. “Under President Obama, … (pjmedia.com)
- AFL-CIO shifts resources away from Obama, Democrats (dailycaller.com)
- Another Obama Milestone… US Middle Class No Longer Most Affluent in the World (thegatewaypundit.com)