Prophet? Or Just Read a Book or TwoPosted: September 7, 2014
It isn’t so much that former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was a prophet. Just that he had read a book or two.
…In 2012, Romney called it “troubling” and “alarming” that Barack Obama had essentially appeased the Russian bear by offering concessions like the withdrawal of interceptor missile and radar installations in Eastern Europe without reciprocity from Moscow. He said that Russia’s actions have made that nation “without question, our number one geopolitical foe.”
This prompted a flood of scorn and mockery from a raft of self-assured critics. But by 2014, after Russia had frustrated America’s ambition to contain the Syrian civil war, invaded neighboring Ukraine, and unilaterally annexed a portion of that nation’s territory into Russia proper, nearly all of Romney’s self-respecting critics were forced to concede that he had a point.
In that campaign and earlier, Romney warned that the Islamist goal was the establishment of a pan-Islamic caliphate state which would counter the West and add a grave new military dimension to the ideological struggle against jihadism.
“It’s this century’s nightmare, jihadism – violent, radical Islamic fundamentalism,” Romney said in 2007. “Their goal is to unite the world under a single jihadist caliphate.”
“This is about Shia and Sunni. This is about Hezbollah and Hamas and Al Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood,” he reiterated in a 2008 presidential debate. “This is a worldwide jihadist effort to try and cause the collapse of all moderate Islamic governments and replace them with a caliphate.”
Bingo again….(read more)
- Islamic State claims Pakistan and Afghanistan for its ‘caliphate’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- ISIS’s Caliphate Declaration: Regional Reaction – Analysis (eurasiareview.com)
- Flashback: Top Obama Adviser Dismisses Jihadists Goal Of Creating An Islamic Caliphate As “Absurd”… (weaselzippers.us)
- The Global Jihad (businessdayonline.com)
- Boko Haram Announces Second Islamic Caliphate in Eastern Nigeria (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Al-Qaeda, neglected, declares intention to destabilize Indian subcontinent (hotair.com)
- Don’t Be Alarmed But Radical Muslims Just Declared Their Own Empire Across Much Of Middle East (dailycaller.com)
- Unholy Headline of the Day (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Jihadists Aren’t Ivy League Faculty Members (nationalreview.com)
- As Jihadists Secure US Embassy Compound in Tripoli – Obama Golfs (thegatewaypundit.com)