[VIDEO] Nostra Culpa: Obama Blames Immigration Delay on Public’s Failure to Understand ‘The Facts’Posted: September 7, 2014
I have a theory that a journalist could begin an article, or headline, with “Obama Blames…” and write a new story every week, and never run out of body copy. Andrew Johnson’s headline identifies Obama’s primary target of blame: American citizens. We just don’t get it. So he must act alone, because we’ve failed him. But it goes further than that. Consider this: Every time Obama says the word “Congress”, or “Republicans in Congress”, replace that word with “The American voters”. Members of Congress didn’t get there by accident, they didn’t ascend to power in a bloody coup, or arrive in a spaceship, they got elected.
If Congress is blocking the president’s agenda, pursuing an opposing agenda, ignoring his mocking insults and wounded complaining, or being uncooperative and combative, that’s because they were elected to do exactly that. They represent the people. Elections have consequences.
Don’t like it? Then make your case, Mr. President, and help Democrats win back the House. You tried that, and it failed? That’s the way it crumbles, cookie-wise. When Obama blames Congress? He’s not talking about his political opponents, he’s talking about you.
New Meet the Press host Chuck Todd pushed back against President Obama’s claims that his decision to delay taking executive action on granting legal status to people in the country illegally wasn’t motivated by the upcoming midterms elections. “It looks like politics, it looks like election-year politics,” Todd interjected at one point.
“But if the public’s not behind you, you’re not taking it? That sounds a little bit — that the public wouldn’t support what you did?”
One of the reasons the president claims he delayed action was to make sure all the “t’s are crossed and the i’s are dotted,” but also pointed to the recent surge of unaccompanied children on the border complicated the matter.
“A lot of Americans started thinking, ‘We’ve got this immigration crisis on our hands,’” Obama explained…(read more)
- Breaking: Obama to delay immigration action until voters can’t punish Democrats for it (hotair.com)
- Obama Blames ‘Children’ For Hostility To His Amnesty Plans (dailycaller.com)
- Headline of the Day: ‘Breaking: Obama to Delay Immigration Action Until Voters Can’t Punish Democrats for it’ (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Obama to voters: You are so stupid (powerlineblog.com)
- When Will Obama Take Unilateral Immigration Action? (pjmedia.com)
- Flashback: Senate Dems Voted for Amnesty They Want Delayed (nationalreview.com)
- [VIDEO] Bob Woodward: Obama ‘Disengaged from So Many’ of These Issues (punditfromanotherplanet.com)