‘Batman: Arkham Knight’ Out June 2015Posted: September 8, 2014
The massive open-world game originally had been set to be released this fall, but Warner Bros. wanted to give developer Rocksteady more time to finish the company’s final installment in its trilogy, which also includes the hits “Batman: Arkham Asylum” and “Batman: Arkham City.”
This year marks Batman’s 75th anniversary.
However, the date shift will also move “Batman” away from other big tentpole releases like this month’s “Destiny,” from Activision Blizzard, as well as the next installment of the “Call of Duty,” and “Assassin’s Creed” franchises.
A new Lego Batman game — “Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham” — will still debut this fall.
Warner Bros. made the announcement via the game’s Twitter feed.
— Batman Arkham (@BatmanArkham) September 8, 2014
“Arkham City” bowed in 2011, with “Arkham Asylum” starting the franchise in 2009.
“Arkham Knight” will take place a year after that game, with Batman facing off against villains the Scarecrow, Two Face, the Riddler, and Harley Quinn and enabling players to race around Gotham City in the Batmobile, which was only seen under construction in previous titles.
- Batman: Arkham Knight Gets New Trailer and Delayed Release [Video] (guardianlv.com)
- Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed To 2015 (kotaku.com)
- ‘Batman: Arkham Knight’: Gotham going to ‘the next level’ with Xbox One and PS4 (examiner.com)
- Rocksteady Showcases Batmobile in New “Batman: Arkham Knight” Trailer (comicbookresources.com)
- Who is the best Batman? [SLIDESHOW] (dailycaller.com)