Heartwarming Unity: Left and Right Agree, Obama Is One Cynical ¡¡@?%*&!! PoliticianPosted: September 8, 2014
It seems to be an increasingly rare moment in American politics when Left and Right agree, but the poles appear to agree on one thing: President Obama is a cynical politician. Liberal criticism of the president comes on the heels of the president’s announcement that he plans to delay his proposed executive order on immigration until after November’s midterm elections.
“Republicans have long been aware that the president’s policy decisions are dictated by political considerations. It’s nice to see liberals coming to the same realization.”
The political calculation that prompted the decision is obvious: A constitution-bending order that legitimizes millions of illegal immigrants is not a decision red-state Senate Democrats in tight races want to have to defend. A Republican Senate (along with a Republican House) would mark the effective end of the Obama presidency.
Yet to Obama supporters who believed the president’s visionary qualities elevated him above political considerations, these calculations are outrageous: “What this shows now,” says Cesar Vargas, director of the DREAM Action Coalition, which advocates on behalf of young illegal immigrants, “is that Democrats are also willing to throw Latinos and immigrants under the bus.”…(read more)
- Obama defends decision to delay immigration action (cnsnews.com)
- Immigration activists rip President’s ‘betrayal’… (thehill.com)
- DEMANDING: La Raza To Obama, “We’re Done Waiting!” For Amnesty (clashdaily.com)
- La Raza Pushes Obama To ‘Fulfill His Promise’ On Amnesty [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- Did Obama Let Down the Latino Community on Immigration? (nbcnews.com)
- ‘HE BROKE HIS PROMISE’ Obama immigration delay draws ire of supporters (foxnews.com)
- [VIDEO] Nostra Culpa: Obama Blames Immigration Delay on Public’s Failure to Understand ‘The Facts’ (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- What do Americans believe about immigration? (powerlineblog.com)
- “Immigration Rights” – What Are They? (powerlineblog.com)
- Obama to End Immigration Enforcement – Grant Amnesty to Another 5-6 Million Illegals (thegatewaypundit.com)