American Realism: Hero in Oklahoma Factory Beheading is a Quail-Hunting Boy Scout LeaderPosted: September 26, 2014
NY Daily News reports: A sharp-shooting Oklahoma food company executive who enjoys quail hunting and leading Boy Scouts is being hailed a hero.
“This was not going to stop if he didn’t stop it. It could have gotten a lot worse.”
— Sgt. Jeremy Lewis
Mark Vaughan — who also happens to be a reserve officer with the sheriff’s office — leapt to action when his business was under siege by an apparent ISIS copycat.
The chief operating officer of Vaughan Foods Inc. opened fire on Alton Nolen at the food distribution plant in Moore after the lunatic attacked two employees, beheading one and leaving the other in critical condition.
Vaughan is being heralded as a hero by authorities.
“This was not going to stop if he didn’t stop it,” Sgt. Jeremy Lewis told the Associated Press. “It could have gotten a lot worse.”
Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel released a statement Friday afternoon saying Vaughan joined the reserve in June 2010 and is currently assigned to the Patrol Division, is a member of the Fast Action Support Team and is a “highly trained member” of the Tactical Team.
“I am extremely proud of the actions of Deputy Vaughan and I am convinced those actions saved the lives of several other employees.”
— Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel
“Mark put an end to the threat by shooting the suspect and saving the life of a second victim who was being actively attacked by the suspect. There is every reason to believe that the lives of untold others were saved who would have been targeted by the suspect if it hadn’t been for Deputy Vaughan’s actions.”
He continued praising Vaughan, saying the deputy is “an example of just how significant these men and women are to our citizens.”
He said only one word could express his thoughts about Vaughan – “hero.”
Vaughan did not return messages on his cell phone and his family members were not able to be reached Friday.
According to a bio in Forbes, Vaughan served as president, chief executive officer and director of Vaughan Foods Inc. from 1992 until June 2007, when he also became chief operating officer.
He has more than 20 years in the food quality control and safety business, and attended the University of Oklahoma, where it appears his son, Tyler, also attends…(read more)
- Man beheads woman in Oklahoma (fox17online.com)
- Oklahoma beheading: Reserve deputy who shot warehouse attacker a hunter, Boy Scout (newsok.com)
- Police: Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace (foxsanantonio.com)
- Oklahoma Woman Beheaded By Islam-Evangelizing Co-Worker (dailycaller.com)
- Good Guy with a Gun Prevents Second Beheading in Oklahoma Business (breitbart.com)
- [VIDEO] BREAKING: Oklahoma Woman BEHEADED in Shooting, Stabbing (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- TODAY IN “WORKPLACE VIOLENCE:” FBI probing suspect’s recent conversion to Islam in Oklahoma beheadi… (pjmedia.com)
- Oklahoma woman beheaded in workplace attack by man who had allegedly tried to convert co-workers to Islam (hotair.com)