Report: Explosion in Iranian Nuclear FacilityPosted: October 6, 2014
The incident occurred at the Parchin military compound, not far from the Iranian capital, according to the Iranian Students News Agency
Two people died in an explosion that ripped through an explosive material production unit at a nuclear facility near Tehran, according to Iranian press reports on Monday.
“The glare from the blast could also be seen from a great distance.”
The incident occurred at the Parchin military compound, not far from the Iranian capital, according to the Iranian Students News Agency.
The BBC said on Monday that a pro-opposition website was also reporting an explosion at the site.
The BBC cited the pro-reform website Sahamnews as saying that the explosion on Sunday evening was “so intense that windows of buildings 15 km (nine miles) away were shattered.”
“The glare from the blast could also be seen from a great distance,” the report said.
ISNA quoted Iran’s defense industries organization as saying that “[u]nfortunately, due to the incident, two workers of this production unit lost their lives.”
Israel in the past has alleged that Iran has used its Parchin military base as the site for secret tests of technology that could be used only for detonating a nuclear weapon…(read more)
- Iran refuses IAEA access to Parchin base (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING: “Massive Explosion Military Plant Iran” (financearmageddon.blogspot.com)
- UN nuclear watchdog inspectors arrive in Iran (panarmenian.net)
- Iran expresses hope of deal on nuclear watchdog visit to Parchin (en.trend.az)
- Israel says Iran used Parchin military site for testing nuclear detonation technology (dailymail.co.uk)
- Israel Accuses Iran Of Conducting Nuclear Detonation Tests At It’s Top Secret Parchin Military Site (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)