California Police: Reports of Creepy Clowns with Knives, Guns, Sighted in BakersfieldPosted: October 12, 2014
(Reuters) – Reports of creepy clowns carrying knives and other weapons have been scaring people in the California city of Bakersfield for the past week, police said on Sunday.
“We’ve been having sightings all over the city. They range from anywhere from a guy carrying a gun to a guy carrying a knife running up to houses.”
— Watch commander Lieutenant Jason Matson
In the latest incident, a person telephoned the Bakersfield Police Department on Saturday night, reporting a clown armed with a firearm, said watch commander Lieutenant Jason Matson.
“We’ve been having sightings all over the city,” Matson said. “They range from anywhere from a guy carrying a gun to a guy carrying a knife running up to houses.”
The Bakersfield Californian newspaper reported earlier in the week that at least some of the reports were hoaxes. Matson said he did not know whether the incidents were pranks.
At least one of the reports was not a hoax – police arrested a teen on Friday who had dressed up as a clown and was chasing children on the west side of town, Matson said. The juvenile, whose name was not released, said he was doing it to perpetrate a hoax he had seen online…(read more)
- California police field reports of creepy clowns (torontosun.com)
- Bakersfield police fielding calls reporting creepy armed clowns (rawstory.com)
- Menacing clowns cause a stir in California (theguardian.com)
- Police arrest juvenile dressed as clown chasing others (kerngoldenempire.com)
- NO JOKE: California police search for creepy clowns carrying knives… (redflagnews.com)