BREAKING: Unsubstantiated Report: ISIS Captures, Beheads Kurdish Female Fighter ‘Rehana’ in Kobane: War Propaganda?Posted: October 28, 2014
For Brietbart.com, Mary Chasten writes: The Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) reportedly beheaded a famous female Kurdish freedom fighter known only as “Rehana.” The Women Protection Units (YPG) soldier fought against the terrorist group in Kobane, a strategically important border town in Syria near Turkey.
A picture of Rehana making the V-sign became a widely-distributed image online, retweeted over 5,000 times. Reports claimed she killed over 100 Islamic State jihadists single-handedly. But now a picture of a militant holding her head is making the rounds on social media. The death is not confirmed.
Female fighters are essential to the Kurds. The Women Protection Units (YPG) in Kobane are led by Mayass Abdo, who goes by Narin Afrin. All of the female Pershmerga are volunteers and are honored to fight against the terrorists. One such soldier, Dilar Gencxemis, blew herself up outside of Kobane, killing dozens of militants.
Their accomplishments as warriors aside, it is their gender the jihadists fear the most. They believe if they die in jihad, they will be rewarded with 72 virgins in heaven. However, if a woman kills them, the men are denied their virgins….(read more)
- Female fighter’s war on IS (heraldsun.com.au)
- ‘My Bravery Shames Them’: Kurdish Women Fight on Front Lines Against Islamic State (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- BREAKING UPDATE: 60,000 to 100,000 Kurds Flee ISIS Genocide in Syria (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- ISIS RAISES BLACK FLAG IN KOBANE – Battle Rages on Syrian-Turkish Border (thegatewaypundit.com)
- KURDS BLAST OBAMA For Sitting Back & Letting Kobane Fall to ISIS (thegatewaypundit.com)
- FEMALE KURDISH FIGHTER Clashes With ISIS, Fires Grenades, Then Blows Herself Up in Suicide Blast (thegatewaypundit.com)