No Respect: Trash-Talkin’ Chinese Media Delivers Epic POTUS Smackdown in Wake of Historic U.S. Midterm Ass-WhoopingPosted: November 6, 2014
A mouthpiece of the Chinese Government has described President Obama as ‘insipid’ and claims U.S. voters are sick of his ‘banality’.
The state-run Global Times has published an editorial deriding the leader a few days ahead of his visit to the growing economic and military powerhouse.
It stated: ‘Obama always utters “Yes, we can,” which led to the high expectations people had for him. But he has done an insipid job, offering nearly nothing to his supporters.
The criticism comes in the wake of a crushing defeat in the Midterm elections worse even than the most pessimistic forecasts of the Democrats‘ strategists, with the Republicans now in control of both the upper and lower Houses of Congress.
The Global Times lists the ‘lame-duck’ president’s perceived failures in foreign policy and the economy.
It said Obama took: ‘U.S. troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, but left no peace.
‘Osama bin Laden was killed during his tenure, but (ISIS) has emerged from the Middle East.’
Despite an improvement in the American economy, the editorial criticises his inability to lower the income gap, claiming ordinary Americans have not benefited from the recovery…(read more)
- Obama doing ‘insipid job’, China newspaper says ahead of visit (channelnewsasia.com)
- China mocks Obama as being ‘insipid’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Poison Tree (freebeacon.com)
- The Poison Tree (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Why Can’t We Acknowledge that the Islamic State, al-Qaeda, and Hamas Have a Shared Ideology? (teaparty.org)
- China Paper Blasts President Obama Ahead of Visit (voanews.com)