Poll: Huge Opposition to Oval Office AmnestyPosted: November 8, 2014
Neil Munro reports: Eighty percent of voters polled on Election Day say new jobs should go to Americans and legal immigrants, not to illegal immigrants, including the potential beneficiaries of President Barack Obama’s planned executive amnesty, says an election-day poll of 806 voters.
“Voters overwhelmingly prefer an immigration system that protects American workers,” says a memo released with the poll by Kellyanne Conway, founder of the polling company.
“Members of Congress should feel confident that voters will support actions using the power of the purse to protect American workers from Obama’s executive amnesty threat.”
“The question of fairness is usually about ‘what’s fair to the illegal immigrants.”
“Now people are asking ‘What’s fair to the rest of us? What’s fair to the high school graduates and college students who is looking for a job? What is fair to the union guy who can’t find unemployment? What’s fair to the business owners?”
— Kellyanne Conway, founder of the polling company
The new telephone survey of 806 voters matches other data showing that most Americans strongly oppose Obama immigration policies, and that many members of his base and that many Latinos also oppose his immigration policies.
Seventy-four percent of respondents in the election-day poll say the president “should work with Congress rather than around Congress on immigration … [and] 80 percent want new jobs created by the economy to go to American workers and legal immigrants already in the country,” said the memo.
It showed that “majorities of men (75%), women (74%), whites (79%), blacks (59%), and Hispanics (54%) all recommended that the President collaborate with Congress before changing immigration law.”
The demand that new jobs go to Americans and established immigrants “is a matter of fairness to them,” Conway told The Daily Caller…..(read more)
- Exit Polls: 75% of Voters Against Executive Action Amnesty (thepunditpress.com)
- Midterm Exit Polls: 75% Reject Exec Amnesty, 80% Don’t Want Foreign Workers Taking Jo (alipac.us)
- Analyzing the Post-Election Data (conservativebyte.com)
- How will the new GOP Congress make good on their promissory notes? (commdiginews.com)
- Obama Planning Illegal Work Permits for Millions of Illegal Aliens (dailystormer.com)
- Evening Brief: Friday, November 7, 2014 (ipolitics.ca)
- Unreleased Poll: Democrats’ Deep Split On Amnesty (dailycaller.com)
- Obama’s Threat To Change Immigration Laws Meets Resistance (punditfromanotherplanet.com)