[VIDEO] Performance Artist Searches for an Actual Needle in an Actual HaystackPosted: November 15, 2014
Sam Frizell reports: In a very literal interpretation of the idiom “finding a needle in a haystack,” performance artist Sven Sacselber tries to do exact that. For about two days in a gallery in Paris, he is attempting to find an actual needle in an actual mound of hay.
Performance art often straddles a fine line between brilliance and inanity. Marina Abramović adventurous “Rhythm” series and Joseph Beuys shamanic “I Like America and America Likes Me” are widely agreed to have achieved the former category.
Will Sacselber’s piece do the same? Who knows. But we can hope that….(read more)
- Starchitect Furniture: You Can Own the Table Libeskind Made for Marina Abramovic (curbed.com)
- I Hugged Marina Abramović (nyulocal.com)
- A Collection of Cinema’s Best Prop Art (hyperallergic.com)
- The New Yorker To Premiere Docu-Series On Amazon Instant Video (huffingtonpost.com)
- Culture shock: When art and madness take centre stage (irishtimes.com)
- The Rest Is Silence: Marina Abramovic on Her New Show at Sean Kelly (artnews.com)
- Columbia Students Are Being Fined for #CarryThatWeight Protest (act.mtv.com)
- Performance Artist Tries To Find Needle In Haystack – How Long Did It Take?! (popdust.com)