[VIDEO] Buckley Birthday Bonus: William F. Buckley’s 1967 Saul Alinsky InterviewPosted: November 24, 2014
But in yelling stop, he chose to engage with his ideological opponents, true to his belief that the American system requires a free flow of ideas in the intellectual marketplace.
To celebrate the legacy of the man born some 89 years ago today, we thought we would share the following video from the YouTube archives of Buckley interviewing “Rules for Radicals” author Saul Alinsky back in 1967 on Buckley’s “Firing Line” program.
Buckley attempts to cut to the heart of Alinsky’s philosophy, and Alinsky bobs and weaves around Buckley’s jabs, in a characteristically obfuscatory fashion.
In the video, Alinsky makes some interesting assertions…(read more)
(i) “I’ll steal before I take charity.”
(ii) “You only get power as a reaction to a threat.”
(iii) “[That Alinsky is] very much in agreement with the thinking of the early revolutionaries…men like Madison, Jay, Hamilton, etc.”
(iv) “People only do the right things for the wrong reasons.” (read more)
- Junk commie racialist politics in NYC – report by John Derbyshire (junkscience.com)
- Ben Stein: I’m Terrified by Ignorant Obama Intentionally Dividing America on Race (breitbart.com)
- Flashback Video: Jonathan Gruber – The Architect Of ObamaCare – Caught In Another “Speak-O” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Wayne Allyn Root: Here’s Why Reid Is Calling Patriots “Domestic Terrorists” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- D’Souza Warns: Hillary Is Not Bill (nationalreview.com)
- Why Hillary’s Alinsky Letters Matter (nationalreview.com)
- D’Souza Declares A Strong Connection Between Hillary And Obama: It’s Saul Alinsky [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- [VIDEO] Dinesh D’Souza and MSNBC’s Eric Boehlert in Explosive Battle over Slavery (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? (hotair.com)