[BOOKS] Ayn Rand’s Early Novel ‘Ideal’ To Be Published After 80 YearsPosted: December 4, 2014
Jennifer Maloney writes: Ayn Rand fans, here’s something to whet your appetites: New American Libraryhas released the cover image for “Ideal,” the first Ayn Rand novel to be published in more than 50 years.
“I’ve heard wishful comments over many years from readers wondering if there were other novels in Ayn Rand’s papers.”
— Richard Ralston, publishing manager at the Ayn Rand Institute
“Ideal” tells the story of a screen actress who is accused of murder and visits six of her most devoted fans to ask for help. In 1934, when she was in her late 20s, Rand first wrote “Ideal” as a work of fiction.
But Rand was dissatisfied with it and set it aside. The same year, she rewrote it as a play. The play didn’t have its New York premiere until 2010 – 66 years after she wrote it.
The original version was rediscovered in 2012 by Richard Ralston, publishing manager at the Ayn Rand Institute, while digitizing the Rand archives. (At 135 pages, it’s been called a novelette and a novella. The publisher is now billing it as a “short novel.”)
The new book…(read more)
- Rituparna Basu – Grubergate is a Service to All Americans (financialsurvivalnetwork.com)
- Wrong Kind of Government Breeds Cronyism (heartland.org)
- Thorner: Wrong Kind of Government Breeds Cronyism (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Mark Cuban Compares “Net Neutrality” To Something Out Of Atlas Shrugged (youviewed.com)
- Ayn Rand novel ‘Ideal’ to be published in July (mysanantonio.com)
- REMINDER: Ayn Rand Was Not A Defender Of The Rich. “Ayn Rand, the famous novelist and free market … (pjmedia.com)
- Is Barack Obama John Galt? (powerlineblog.com)
- HAUNTING – Ayn Rand Described Detroit’s Collapse 60 Years Ago (thegatewaypundit.com)