Lena Dunham’s Publisher Random House Exonerates Barry One, Offers to Pay Legal FeesPosted: December 9, 2014
Jessica Chasmar reports: Random House declared Monday that “Barry One,” who set up a legal fund and was reportedly making plans to sue Lena Dunham, is not the same Barry the actress claimed raped her when she was 19 at Oberlin College.
“Under scrutiny, Dunham’s rape story didn’t just fall apart; it evaporated into pixie dust and blew away.”
— Breitbart News report
Breitbart News reported last week that a man identified only as Barry One had been in frequent contact with Ms. Dunham’s representatives in recent months and has recently set up a legal fund to cover legal expenses to clear his name.
“We are offering to pay the fees Mr. Minc has billed his client to date. Our offer will allow Mr. Minc and his client to donate all of the crowd-funding raised to not-for-profit organizations assisting survivors of rape and sexual assault.”
— Statement from Random House
In her memoir “Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s ‘Learned,’” Ms. Dunham, 27, describes an unwanted sexual encounter with a mustachioed campus Republican named Barry, in which she says she was drunk, high on Xanax and cocaine, and in no condition to consent to sex.
Breitbart News said they found no such Barry at Oberlin College who exactly matched Ms. Dunham’s description. “Under scrutiny, Dunham’s rape story didn’t just fall apart; it evaporated into pixie dust and blew away,” the report said.
Breitbart News did find Barry One, who loosely fit Ms. Dunham’s description and attended the school at the same time she did. Random House issued a statement Monday exonerating Barry One, explaining for the first time that “Barry” is a pseudonym…(read more)
- Daily Mail: ‘Flamboyant Republican Conservative’ Who Lena Dunham Claims Raped Her in College ‘Does Not Exist’ (breitbart.com)
- Investigation: Lena Dunham ‘Raped by a Republican’ Story in Bestseller Collapses Under Scrutiny (teaparty.org)
- Lena Dunham Lied About Being Raped by ‘College Republican’ (libertynews.com)
- ALL LIES: Lena Dunham’s Alleged Rape by ‘Republican Conservative’ Never Happened Because the Dude Does Not Exist (girlsjustwannahaveguns.com)
- Lena Dunham Accused of Lying About Rape Allegation By Conservative Website (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Investigation Proves Lena Dunham Lied about being “Raped by Republican” During College Years (thepunditpress.com)
- Questions Raised About Lena Dunham’s Rape Claim (drudge.com)