BREAKING: Two NYPD Cops Shot Dead in Patrol Car in BrooklynPosted: December 20, 2014
Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead — execution style — as they sat in their marked police car on a Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, street corner.
“I saw an officer being put on a stretcher…There was lots of chaos and confusion.”
According to preliminary reports, both officers were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill when they were shot point-blank by a single gunman who approached their car at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins avenues.
“It’s an execution,” one law enforcement source told The Post of the 3 p.m. shooting.
The gunman just started “pumping bullets” into the patrol car, another source said.
The suspected gunman fled to a nearby subway station at Myrtle and Willoughby avenues, where he was fatally shot. Preliminary reports were unclear on whether he was shot by police or his own hand.
“They engaged the guy and he did himself,” one investigator said.
“I heard shooting, — four or five shots,” ear-witness Derrick McKie, 49, told The Post.
“It sounded like from a single gun,” he said. Ambulances and police cars rushed to the scene, he said.
“I saw an officer being put on a stretcher,” he said. “There was lots of chaos and confusion.”
Carmen Jimenez, 32, a social worker from Bedford-Stuyvesant, was on the subway platform when the gunman ran inside…(read more)
- The Year in NYPD Public Relations Disasters (blogs.villagevoice.com)
- Report: De Blasio Excludes White Cops From Consideration For NYPD Security Detail (dailysurge.com)
- Gangs of New York: Post-Garner NYPD on Watch for Militant Blacks ‘Preparing to Shoot On-Duty Police Officers’ (dcclothesline.com)
- Unintended Consequences of Anti-Police Protests in New York (freakonomics.com)
- In Another Case of Repulsive Excessive Force, NYPD Officer Punches Handcuffed Black Child (atlantablackstar.com)
- Gangs of New York: Post-Garner NYPD on Watch for Militant Blacks ‘Preparing to Shoot On-Duty Police Officers’ (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- NYPD Officer Repeatedly Punches 12-Year-Old Black Boy As Colleagues Subdue Him, And A Lawyer Sees The Whole Thing (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- NYPD Officer Daniel Pantelo Tells Internal Affairs He Used a “Takedown” on Eric Garner, Not a Chokehold (complex.com)
- NYPD car set on fire at Brooklyn 77th Precinct (fireandreamitchell.com)