Politicians who Campaign Against Cops are Inviting MayhemPosted: December 22, 2014
Progressives and the Police
‘What do we want? Dead cops!” So chanted marchers at one of the protests organized in the last month against the failure of grand juries to indict white officers in the death of black crime suspects Michael Brown and Eric Garner. On Saturday they got their wish, as a black assailant citing revenge for Brown and Garner traveled from Maryland to murder two cops sitting in their patrol car in Brooklyn.
“America is full of Brinsleys who no longer abide the norms of civilized behavior, if they even know what those norms are. They need but the slightest excuse to take justice into their own hands and go on a rampage.”
“They were quite simply assassinated, targeted for their uniform,” New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said, and so they were. Garner and Brown were resisting arrest, but the two young officers never had a chance even to pull their guns. They had been marked for death near a high-crime housing project they were trying to protect against criminal predators.
“Especially in urban America, the police walk that line between civilization and mayhem every day.”
Mayor Bill de Blasio , Attorney General Eric Holder and President Obama were all quick to condemn the shooting. And let’s stipulate that no one other than the alleged shooter, Ismaaiyl Brinsley, is responsible for pulling the trigger. Chased into the subway by police, he then shot himself.
But this double assassination is also a moment of clarity about how thin the line in any society is between order and anarchy. America is full of Brinsleys who no longer abide the norms of civilized behavior, if they even know what those norms are. They need but the slightest excuse to take justice into their own hands and go on a rampage.
Especially in urban America, the police walk that line between civilization and mayhem every day. Yet since the Garner and Brown episodes, the progressive leaders…(read more)
- Two New York police officers shot dead before gunman kills himself (irishtimes.com)
- Killer’s ‘wings on pigs’ cop threat (independent.ie)
- URGENT – NYPD Officers Shot Eric Holder (wdsu.com)
- Killing of NYPD officers: Retaliation for Michael Brown, Eric Garner? (+video) (csmonitor.com)
- Two NYPD Officers Slain in Apparent Retribution Attack (freebeacon.com)
- Holder: I’m ‘Proudly’ an Activist Attorney General (nationalreview.com)
- Watch: Congressional Black Caucus Mourns Holder’s Tenure (legalinsurrection.com)
- St. Louis Mayor & County Executive Speak With Eric Holder About #MikeBrown Decision (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Mr. Holder’s Injustice Department (nationalreview.com)