Strange Fruit: Iran Hangs Seven on ChristmasPosted: December 30, 2014 | |
Adam Kredo reports: The Iranian regime hanged seven citizens on Christmas morning and at least 12 others in the days before and after the holiday, according to Iranian dissidents monitoring the human rights situation.
The latest round of state-sanctioned killings—which have hit an all time high in the past year—came just days after President Barack Obama praised Iran in an interview at the White House and said that it could be a “successful” member of the international community.
Obama claimed that Iran can be a “very successful regional power” if it decides to relinquish some portions of its contested nuclear weapons program, according to the interview, which was conducted with NPR. ”They’ve got a chance to get right with the world,” Obama was quoted as saying. (read more)
- Italian senate hearing notes the gross violation of human rights in Iran (ireport.cnn.com)
- Maryam Rajavi speaks out against the lack of basic human rights in Iran (skeptical-science.com)
- Report Documents Abuse Of LGBT Community In Russia (wnyc.org)
- Corporate report: Responding to human rights judgments: 2013 to 2014 (gov.uk)
- Dear Washington: Kick Out This Iranian Militant Cult (nejatngo.org)