BREAKING: Hamburg Newspaper Hit by Suspected Arson AttackPosted: January 11, 2015
Arsonists attack German paper that published French cartoons
FRANKFURT— Monica Houston-Waesch reports: Police in the German city of Hamburg have detained two suspects for attempted arson after a small fire was started in the building of a local newspaper in the early hours of Sunday, a police spokeswoman said.
Like many others, the Hamburger Morgenpost had reprinted front pages of French satirical publication Charlie Hebdo, after 12 people were shot dead at the magazine’s editorial office in Paris last week.
It isn’t yet known whether there is a connection between the two acts, police spokeswoman Karina Sadowsky said, adding that the state criminal police’s national security division is investigating the matter.
Stones and an incendiary device were thrown at the newspaper’s archives, the Hamburger Morgenpost said on its website… (read more)
Write to Monica Houston-Waesch at email@example.com
- Arsonists attack German paper that published French cartoons (stripes.com)
- Arson attack on German newspaper that printed Charlie Hebdo cartoons (dnaindia.com)
- Arson attack on German newspaper that printed cartoons (irishtimes.com)
- Arson at German newspaper for printing Charlie Hebdo cartoon (newsnextbd.com)
- Arson attack on Hamburg newspaper that printed Charlie Hebdo cartoons (cyprus-mail.com)
- Arsonists target German newspaper that reprinted Charlie Hebdo cartoons (gantdaily.com)
- Arson at German paper that reprinted Charlie Hebdo cartoons (pakistantoday.com.pk)