Golden Globes: Paris Gets Standing OvationPosted: January 11, 2015
“To our brothers and sisters in France: Our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts are with you tonight,” Leto said. “Je Suis Charlie.”
The Golden Globes crowd rose to its feet in solidarity with Paris.
“We stand united with anyone who would suppress free speech, from North Korea to Paris,” said Hollywood Foreign Press Association president Theo Kingma, eliciting a standing ovation from the crowd.
“To our brothers and sisters in France: Our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts are with you tonight,” Leto said. “Je Suis Charlie.” (I am Charlie.)
On Jan. 7, terrorists killed 12 people at the offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Another five people were killed in separate attacks, including four hostages shot dead at a Jewish deli in Paris. Three men believed to have carried out the attacks were killed in two separate police shootouts.…(read more)
- Golden Globes 2015: Show goes on amid Sony hack, Paris shootings (cbc.ca)
- Stars at Golden Globes support Paris victims, free speech (dailymail.co.uk)
- Sony hack may be fodder for Globes hosts, but not the show (sfgate.com)
- A tense Hollywood to exhale at glitzy Golden Globes (woodtv.com)
- Golden Globes 2015: Fey, Poehler Kick of Golden Globes, Simmons Wins First Award (theepochtimes.com)
- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler Kick Off Golden Globes (nbcmiami.com)
- Hollywood Stars Sport “Je Suis Charlie” at Golden Globes (washington.cbslocal.com)