Memo to New York Times’ Dean Baquet: Don’t Piss On Us And Tell Us Its RainingPosted: January 11, 2015
Mollie Hemingway writes:
…It’s absolutely not true that the New York Times cares one whit about the religious (or otherwise) sentiments of peaceful families in Brooklyn. If they did, they wouldn’t run so many depictions of anti-semitic caricatures in stories about anti-semitic caricatures. Or of blasphemous anti-Christian art in stories about blasphemous anti-Christian art. Or of gross ethnic and racial stereotypes in stories about gross ethnic and racial stereotypes. When the New York Times wrote about Catholic outrage over an art exhibit that featured a “black Madonna with a clump of elephant dung on breast & cutouts of genitalia,” that story featured a color photo of the art in question. Heck, it still does. Right there on the web site.
I’ll go further. If the New York Times’ deep respect for the religious sentiments of its readers affected its news judgment, it would know what Easter is. And it would have condemned Bill Keller, not promoted him and published his bizarre bigoted rants over the years.
- Jewish Cartoonist Confronts ‘Holocaust’ Of Mideast Christians (libertyalliance.com)
- Maggie Haberman joins The New York Times (nytco.com)
- The New York Times Plays Host to Max Blumenthal and Hits Rock Bottom (blogs.timesofisrael.com)
- WOW: New York Times caught scrubbing details about Paris terrorist attack (youngcons.com)
- I’D SAY RATHER THE LIBERTARIAN “DO OR DIE” MOMENT APPROACHES: New York Times: Has The Libertarian … (pjmedia.com)
- JOURNALISM at the New York Times: “Whether Carr discovered his mistake by himself or, more likely, … (pjmedia.com)
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition (hotair.com)