[VIDEO] Chris Kyle Defends His RecordPosted: January 19, 2015
“The ideal thing would be if I knew the number of lives I saved, because that’s something I’d love to be known for. But you can’t calculate that.”
Michael Moore called him a “coward.” Peter Mass of Glenn Greenwald’s the Intercept slammed him for calling Iraqis “savages.” Former Daily Beast reporter Max Blumenthal described him as a “mass murderer” — a sentiment later echoed on a defaced billboard that’s advertising the most popular movie in America.
Murdered by a mentally ill veteran he was counseling in February 2013, Kyle is no longer here to defend himself. But a C-SPAN video from April 2012 does a pretty good job of putting the lie to the Left’s portrait of a remorseless sociopathic killer.
The most lethal sniper in American history, Kyle is credited with 160 confirmed kills during his four tours of duty in Iraq. But while his detractors would claim Kyle obsessed over that number as a badge of honor, the real American sniper’s focus for his work lay elsewhere.
Kyle also described his very first kill in Iraq — a woman trying to blow up advancing Marines with a hidden grenade. And while liberals have made much of….(read more)
- ‘American Sniper’ And Bradley Cooper’s Sensational Portrayal Of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle (forbes.com)
- Jim Geraghty remembers when some alleged Clint Eastwood’s career ‘was over’ (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- ‘American Sniper’ Targeting $50M+ Record Bow For Clint Eastwood: Box Office Preview (deadline.com)
- The Making of ‘American Sniper’: How an Unlikely Friendship Kickstarted the Clint Eastwood Film (techgadgettalk.com)
- Jane Fonda Praises “American Sniper,” Compares It To “Coming Home” (patdollard.com)
- ‘American Sniper,’ Bradley Cooper Receive Oscar Nominations (insider.foxnews.com)
- Bradley Cooper is number one with a bullet in American Sniper (chicagoreader.com)