Marshawn Lynch Fined $20,000 for the Post-Touchdown Luxury of Grabbing His DickPosted: January 22, 2015
Jay Busbee reports: The NFL has fined Marshawn Lynch $20,000 for his post-touchdown crotch grab in the NFC Championship, and more fines could be forthcoming if Lynch decides to continue his tradition of not talking to reporters.
“Johnny Manziel was hit with a $12,000 fine for flipping a bird at the Washington Redskins in preseason.”
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the NFL is also considering fining Lynch significantly more than the $50,000 for each of the past two seasons for not talking to the media. Lynch again declined to speak on Sunday after the NFC Championship.
“Kansas City’s Travis Kelce was fined $11,025 for a gesture that we really can’t even describe here…”
Lynch, along with the rest of the Seahawks, is slated for media availability on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of next week. If he decides to go with his usual repeat-a-single-phrase routine, the Super Bowl trip could end up being a significant hit to his wallet. NFL officials said that each session in which Lynch declined to speak would accrue an escalating fine, with the initial fine to be more than $50,000.
- Redskins grant Bills permission to interview Chris Foerster (espn.go.com)
- Report: Bills Interested In Mike Shanahan For Vacant Head Coaching Job (nesn.com)
- Giants Request Permission to Speak with Redskins DB Coach Raheem Morris for Defensive Coordinator Job (redskins101.com)
- Top Headline Comments 3-25-14 (minx.cc)
- Johnny Manziel’s First Commercial Is A Bust [VIDEO] (dailycaller.com)
- Johnny Football Gave The Redskins The Middle Finger? Johnny Football Gave the Redskins The Middle Finger. (dailycaller.com)
- Washington Redskins Go on Offense against Harry Reid (nationalreview.com)
- Poll: Seven Out of Ten Want Redskins to Keep Name (nationalreview.com)
- MSNBC’s Reid Warns Viewers Before Airing Clip Including the Word ‘Redskins’ (nationalreview.com)