Three More Beheaded Under New Saudi KingPosted: January 28, 2015
Omar bin Yahya bin Ibrahim al-Barkati was tried and convicted of incest, the interior ministry said in a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.
“He was executed as punishment for his crime and as a lesson to others,” the ministry said, adding that authorities carried out the sentence in southwestern Asir region.
In a separate case, Yassir bin Hussein al-Hamza was executed in northwestern Jawf region after his trial and confession for smuggling amphetamine pills, the ministry said.
A third convict, Latif Khan Nurzada, a Pakistani, was executed for trafficking heroin into the kingdom. He was executed in the Muslim holy city of Mecca, the ministry said in another statement.
According to an AFP tally, their executions bring to 16 the number of Saudis and foreigners put to death this year under the kingdom’s strict version of Islamic sharia law.
Four have been executed since King Salman took office last Friday…(read more)
- Another Pakistani beheaded in Saudi Arabia (nation.com.pk)
- Three more beheaded under new Saudi king (dailymail.co.uk)
- 4 beheaded in Saudi Arabia less than a week into King Salman’s rule (rt.com)
- Saudi Arabia beheads two including Pakistani for murder, drug smuggling (thenewstribe.com)
- Saudi murderer killed by sword (arabtimesonline.com)
- Saudi Arabia’s Beheadings Are Public, But It Doesn’t Want Them Publicized (foreignpolicy.com)
- Saudi Arabia publicly beheads woman in holy Mecca as blogger lashings are postponed (theoslotimes.com)
- Saudi Arabia Beheads Woman by Sword in Mecca Public Square (grumpyelder.com)